So as many of your know my family always (for the most part) gets together on Sunday to have dinner and spend time with one another. It is also my opportunity to do our laundry for free (Its $2.00 a load at our apartment). We have always called these special days our Sunday Funday! Now usually we just have dinner and then hang out after ward, usually on the back porch just talking and catching up with another.
On a side note: it has always amazed me that on Sunday we hardly ever turn the TV on and if its on we usually dont watch anything. It is merely a day that we enjoy being with one another and are too busy talking, eating or playing with the kids to really watch TV. That is one of the reasons I love my family so much, is we dont need the TV or other things to make us happy, all we need is each other :) I know that may sound corny, but its the honest truth.
The last few Sundays we have had together, we have been doing fun activities as well. One Sunday we played "Corn Hole", well my mom and the boys played, Kelly and I just sat and played with the babies; Another Sunday we did a impromtu "Egg Hunt" with the kids. Well a couple weeks back I found on Pinterest this cheap and easy activity called Salt Dough Handprints, so I thought it would be a fun activity we could do with the kids, even the babies. It was fairly easy and we had all the ingredients to make the dough and craft supplies to decorate after. You really dont have to decorate them at all after, that was just something we decided to do.
I thought I would post the recipe, in case anyone wanted to try out.
Ingredients Needed
2 cups flour
2 cups Salt
1 cup water
Food Coloring (optional: you can add food coloring to ingredients to dye the dough before baking)
Instructions:
1. Combine Flour, Salt and Water and knead until a dough forms. Roll out until its about 3/4" in thickness.
2. Create handprint and stick on a ungreased cookie sheet
3. Bake on 200 for about 2-3 hours or until handprint is complete dry.
4. Decorate!
Like I said before, this was such a fun and easy craft and cant wait to try again when all the kids are a little older and can decorate themselves. Here are some pics of our fun activity day :)









No comments:
Post a Comment