Monday, June 18, 2012

Family and Hunter Update - 6 weeks

So another week with Hunter has come and gone. He just keeps growing and changing day by day. He is beginning to smile alot more, especially when Mama and Daddy talk to him. It is amazing to see how much more alert and attentive he is. He still loves his passie (pacifier) and is Mama's life saver :) He is beginning to sleep more at night which is nice but Mama can't wait until he sleeps through the night. He goes back to the doctor in the next couple of weeks for his 8 week check-up (can you believe he is almost two months old) and I can't wait to see just how much bigger he has gotten.

We have had some big family firsts as well the past couple of weeks. Last Sunday, Scott was able to bless Hunter. It will be a memory forever embedded in my mind. To hear the sweet words that Scott said to our first born son was something I will never forget. It is at times like this when I am truly grateful to have the gospel in our lives. After the blessing we had a bunch of family over to our new apartment for a BBQ. It was so nice to be surrounded by family on such an important day. Then this past Sunday, Scott got to celebrate his very first Father's Day. We went to dinner with Scott's Family and then over to my Aunt Lisa's house for a family BBQ (my family enjoys a good BBQ, haha). It was so nice to celebrate and let Scott know how grateful Hunter and I are for everything he does for us. He is such a big help and loves us both so much.

Scott and I are doing great. Scott is working hard and went back to band practice after a 4 week maternity leave, as he called it. I am still off work but only have about 6 weeks left. I am dreading going back to work and know I am going to miss my quality time with Hunter. Fortunately, he will be staying with my mom while I'm at work so that makes the going back a little easier. I went to the doctor last week for my 6 week checkup and he said I looked great and everything was back to normal. I am going to miss Dr. Bustillo but know I will see him sooner than later :) Well below are some more pics from the last couple of months hope you enjoy.


Hunter Likes:

  • Watching TV with Mama 
  • Taking naps with Daddy
  • His pacifier (even more now than before)
  • Staring at Mr. Owl on his changing table when getting his diaper changed
Hunter Doesn't Like:

  • Getting his diaper changed
  • Being tired after a long day
  • Car rides when hungry


















No comments:

Post a Comment