Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Family and Hunter Update - 8 weeks

Hello everyone!! Its been about two weeks since I last posted and our little Hunter has changed so much. I cannot believe how time is just flying by. He is changing everyday. It is making me soooo nervous about going back to work. At least I still have a month left to be with him. I love spending my days with him. He is becoming so much more alert and aware of things. He loves playing with his toys and is starting to notice colors and things moving. He also, is starting to smile in response to us talking to him or at certain things, its not just gas anymore, haha :) We are just amazed at how much we love him. We are also realizing just how much work this little baby can be. I knew it was going to be alot of work but I don't think you can ever prepare yourself for just how much work and time it takes to take care of a baby. But it is worth every second :) We took him to the doctor last Friday for a check-up and he is already 23 inches long (I think he is going to be tall like his daddy) and weighs 10 pounds 11.5 ounces (He really likes his mama's milk). He is just growing more and more everyday. We go back this Friday to get his vaccinations. Mama is very nervous and does not want to see Hunter cry :( Hopefully everything will go okay though.


So many new things have been going on as well. My cousin Tanya, who had twin girls a week before I had Hunter (They were 8 weeks premature) finally came home two weeks ago. Adalyn came home after being in the hospital for almost 7 weeks, and Gracelyn came home at almost 8 weeks. We were so excited to be able to go and visit with the Garza family and their new additions. We are just so excited for the future and our children growing up together. Its going to be so much fun. I have some pics below of our visits.


I have alot of pics to post so sorry if this post is a little long. I just can't stop taking pictures of my little one. I have to go and buy a new memory card for my camera, because I have to keep deleting pictures off my memory card now to make room for new pics. He is just growing so much and I am just trying to capture every moment.


Hunter Likes:


  • His new floor gym - he loves the moving mobile and the flashing lights. He just lights up when we lay him underneath it.
  • Loves his new bouncy seat Nana bought him for her house. It has some really fun toys and he loves to move around and make the seat bounce :)
  • Loves his cousin Noah - he is just so patient and kind with Hunter. We call him the little baby whisper.
  • Loves swinging outside on Nana's porch swing.
Hunter Does Not Like:
  • Playing with something or being in a baby apparatus for more than 20 minutes, unless he falls asleep (He has a short attention span, haha)
  • When he spits up and it comes out his nose (although it is a little funny to see sometimes)
  • When Mama tries putting him to sleep when he is not ready (Hunter likes to fight sleep)
Bath Time

Baby Gracelyn


Baby Adalyn


Best Friends :)




Four Generations

Hunter with Nana on her porch swing - he loves it :)

Hunter with Great Grandpa

Playing with Daddy - I think he likes this toy

Waiting For the Doctor


Hunter fell asleep sitting straight up, haha

I cant figure out how to rotate...Hunter with cousin Noah in his new bouncy seat

Hunter with Grandma and Grandpa Hosmer

8 weeks old

No comments:

Post a Comment