Sunday, September 15, 2013

Kelly's Wedding - I'm Finally Writing Again!!

Hello All!! I'm finally back. Life has just been so hectic and crazy lately. When I finally find the time to actually sit down and write, I'm so tired from the day that all I want to do is relax and do nothing. I really want to make this a priority again because I think it is important for our future generations to come to have a journal of sorts of the things we went through and endured.

So much has happened that I am probaly going to group some stuff together and of course there will be plenty of pictures (I know that is probaly everyone's favorite part anyways).

I am going to start by talking about one of the biggest events of this year: KELLY'S WEDDING!! What a joyous and wonderful occasion and plenty of opportunties to spend time with family. It was one on the best weddings I have been too, excluding mine of couse, but I am a little biased, haha!! Everything went as planned and the day and the bride was beautiful.

Kelly's Bridal Shower (February)

So to jump start all the wedding festivities my mom and I planned a bridal shower for Kelly. The color scheme was pink and gray and all the decor was really cute, if I do say so myself. I made alot of the decorations myself, mixed in with some I had bought. My mom was in charge of the food and boy oh boy did she deliver. We had a couple different Italian dishes available along with salad and garlic bread. We didn't buy a cake but decided to do a dessert bar instead and everything was delicious. The best part of the day was when I showed a secret videotaped message I had done with James. Too see the love and excitement in her eyes was the icing on the cake. She got so many great presents and I know she was overly grateful for everyone's generosity. It was a wonderful day filled with laughter, love, and lots of friends and family. Such a great way to start all the upcoming festivities.

Decorations - We had a Pink and Gray Theme

Gifts and More Gifts - She was so blessed that day!!

Just some of the many gifts - We are so thankful to our friends and family

Trying to get Hunter to sleep before the festivities begin...I don't think she was successful haha :)







Our sister Jennifer flew all the way from Indiana to be there for Kelly's special day

He just loves being in a room full of girls :)



Kelly's Bachelorette Party (April 6th)

As Kelly's Maid of Honor, I was mostly in charge of setting up all the special events celebrating Kelly being a bride. I was super excited to plan the Bachelorette Party with the help of the bridesmaids. We decided to do FUN but simple. We all got together for appetizers and desserts at my mom's house and showered Kelly with lots and lots of lingerie for her honeymoon (I'm sure James is very thankful for this, haha). Then a bunch of us headed out for a night a fun and line dancing at The Ranch in Anaheim. It was so much fun and I remembered just how much fun I use to have going dancing with friends. Also, I had a great boost in my self confindence when a handsome gentleman asked yours truly to dance (I still got it, haha!!) It was a great night filled with lots of laughs and dancing and was a great way to celebrate one of Kelly's last night as a "Single Lady".



















Kellly's Last Night as a Murray Girl (April 12th)

So on Kelly's last night before she became a Clausi, and since another former "Murray Girl" was in town for the big day, we decided to all go out to dinner together. My mom is the last "Murray Girl" standing :) I was staying at my moms with Hunter anyways that night because I had to get up so early the next morning to get ready for the wedding. It was such a great meal and wonderful time to spend together. During the day, before dinner us "Murray Girls" went and ran last minute errands and just had fun with one another. This evening was filled with lots of memories, love and laughter. Life doesnt get much better than that.














The Big Day (April 13th, 2013)

So the day started very early and ended late, but was filled with so much happiness and love. Still cannot believe my baby sister is a married lady, but on April 13, 2013 Kelly and James were sealed in the Newport Beach Temple for time and all eternity. As individuals and as a couple they made the best decision and worked hard to accomplish this. There sealing was beautiful and emotional, but the bride was probably the most beautiful thing that day. Kelly looked breathtaking and I can tell you, we were all emotional when we saw her for the first time. After the sealing they had a fun reception at the Orange County Mining Co. I know I am biased but I really do think it was one of the most fun weddings I had been too. The most fun thing was the photo booth. Scott and I even took Hunter in it and took some fun pictures (Hunter was looking at us like we were crazy). It was such a beautiful day, a day that will be banked in my memory for years to come. I am just so thankful to have been able to be a part of such a wonderful day and we are just so proud of the decisions Kelly and James have made and the amazing couple they are. Love you sister!!





























No comments:

Post a Comment