Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Catch up Blog: Fathers Day

Hello again - I told you I was going to be better about writing :) This is going to be a catch up blog about Fathers day. I have been busy at work and home (Surprise, Surprise I have two kids haha:) so every once in a while I need to play a little catch up with big events.

Also, this blog gives me the opportunity to state how grateful I am for the fathers I have in my life. Rick Hosmer, my father in law, I am not just thankful for the great dad you are to Scott but grandpa you are to the boys. I am thankful for the example you provided to Scott and helped shape him into the wonderful man he is today. My own dad and Poppy to the boys. There are not enough words to express how grateful we are for you and all that you do for our family. The boys are always so excited to see you and play monster trucks. I am eternally grateful to our Heavenly Father for choosing you and Mom to be my parents. You have shaped me into the woman and mother that I am. We love you so much. And last but certainly not least, my husband Scott Hosmer. I am blown away everyday at the patience you have with our children. I am thankful that I have you as my partner in life. You balance me out in so many ways and make me a better mother. My dream was to be a mother and you have made that a reality and for that alone I will be eternally grateful. I love you more than any amount of words I write. You are beyond the best dad I know, and you can see how much the kids love you just by how they look at you. You are the best example to them, and I know if they continue to look to you for guidance, we will raise two fine boys.

Now that I got the mushy stuff out of the way, we did a couple different things to celebrate Fathers Day. On Saturday, the day before Fathers Day, we went out to dinner with my family - it was extra special because we were able to spend some time with my nephew Noah who was in from Indiana for a few weeks - and then went back to my moms so the kids could play and we could hang out. I know I have said it before, but the best times my family has together is when we are just together. Nothing fancy, just sitting on the porch talking and enjoying each others company, while we watch the kids play. It really doesn't get better than that.

On Sunday, I got up and made Scott and the boys breakfast. We didn't buy anything for him, because just a few weeks prior, he got a brand new car :) I thought that was a good enough present haha :) I did make him this really cute picture of the boys to put on his desk at work. Once we were done with church, we just vegged-out at home and hung out with the boys until it was time to go to dinner with Scott's family. We went to our favorite Pizza/Italian place in down town Fullerton, Angelos and Vincis. If you have not been there, you need to GO! such great food and pretty reasonable prices. We had a great time with his family and it was nice to reconnect with Scott's sister Liz and her boyfriend Jonathan. The kids are always so excited to see them. It was a night filled with great memories and really good food!

All in all the holiday was a success. Although we should try and let our fathers know more often just how appreciative we are for there presence in our lives. We shouldn't just wait for a holiday to remind us of that.

So thankful for all the extraordinary men in my life that have been examples to me at different times in my life.

Now for eveyones favorite part, the pictures :)










No comments:

Post a Comment