Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Perfect Weekend


So I promised I would be back J Being a working mom my weekends with the boys are everything, and we always try to do fun things and take full advantage of the time we have with them. Because before you know it, it is Monday morning and we are back in our routine of waking up early and going to work. Although, sometimes it is nice when we don’t do much of anything and just lay around the house being lazy and just truly enjoying each others company.
 
This past weekend was the perfect mixture of both. We were able to get things we needed to get done accomplished (grocery shopping, Costco trip, ect…), go somewhere fun and exciting with the kids (Knott’s on Saturday Night and Heritage Park on Sunday), and be lazy (Scott and I watch a whole movie during nap time on Sunday – We haven’t watched a movie uninterrupted in 3 years, it was heavenly).

 It was literally the perfect weekend. Which was well needed considering the past weekends had been pretty busy and our next month of weekends are jam packed with activities, including a weekend trip to San Diego/Sea World and my cousins wedding. I am so excited. We have never taken the boys to Sea World and it has always been one of my favorite places to go, so I am super excited about taking them. We haven’t done a vacation yet this summer so we thought this would be the perfect opportunity. I, of course, will be blogging about the trip once we get back.

I saw a quote on Pinterest and it said, “While we are teaching our children all about life, they are teaching us what life is all about”. This really struck me. I feel that I complain A LOT about my children. I mean I have a 3 year old and a 1 ½ year old (both boys). They are the epitome of energy! Plus they both seem to be going through somewhat of a defiant stage. But at the end of the day, I wouldn’t want my life to be any other way. I may yell (yes I sometimes yell) and get frustrated, but I also love and comfort them, and those are the moments I hold onto to. They are literally my life and everything Scott and I do is for them, and I couldn’t ask for a better life than that J

Now onto my favorite part the pictures…Enjoy!
 
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment