Saturday, August 11, 2012

Family Update - 3 months

So it has been a busy couple of weeks. Hunter and I were trying to jam pack all our activities in last week since I returned to work this week. It has been an emotional roller coaster preparing to go back to work but I did it and if I do say so myself, I think I did it pretty successfully. We are so fortunate that my mom has the flexibility in her schedule to take care of Hunter. It is a true blessing and has made this transition in our lives so much easier. Scott is becoming much more of a hands on dad now too (not that he didn't help before), but he is taking care of him in the mornings and taking him to my mom on his way to work.

On Monday August 6th, 2012, Hunter was officially 3 months old. I cannot believe how the time has flown by. He is growing more and more everyday. I try to cherish everyday because I know this time will be gone in a blink of an eye. He is so much more interactive now and is constantly cooing at us. He loves his toys, especially his monkey and elephant blankets. Its so cute he holds onto them and doesn't want to let them go. I'm not surprised he loves blankets, I have had a blanket that I have slept with pretty much my whole life. When I was a little girl, I had a yellow ducky blanket that I had until I was 8 and then I had to throw him away because he was so ratted and torn. I still remember exactly what that blanket looked like too. Then when I was 13 I got a comforter for my bed at the time and I still have it to this day. Scott always says he is going to throw it away but he can't. I don't know what it is but it just relaxes me and I don't know what I would do without it.

Hunter also had another big milestone this week, he rolled over for the first time. We are such proud parents. He can get all the way over but has trouble getting his hand out from under him. So give him a little more time and he will probably be rolling everywhere :) He already can scoot and move himself all over his floor mat that he plays on. Its just such a miracle to see how much they change and grow day by day. Can't wait to see what the future holds for our little guy.



Hunter Likes:
  • Ellie the Elephant and Monkey Blanket
  • Sucking on his hands (He can't keep them out of his mouth)
  • Rolling Over
Hunter Does Not Like:
  • Getting stuck on his belly after rolling over (hopefully he will learn to roll from his belly to his back soon)
  • That Mama had to go back to work (ok maybe that more me, haha)
  • Taking long naps (he is definitely a cat napper now)
Scott and I are doing great. Just enjoying our new life. Last Saturday we were able to go to dinner and have a date night. We decided to go to Souplantation (Scott's Favorite) and were going to go to the movies. When we looked at the movie selections we didn't see anything we liked so we decided to go and buy an IPAD!! A little extravagant, I know, but we deserve it, haha :) We keep telling ourselves we bought it for the baby so he can play on it when he gets a little older but really it was for us, lol. We had been thinking about getting one for a long time and just decided lets do it. We have the money, we might as well do it now, before we don't have enough money. It actually is a really cool gadget and we have been having lots of fun playing with it.

We have so much going on and can't wait to share it with all of you. Here are some recent pics I have taken...Enjoy.


Scott cannot deny this child ever, haha :)

Bath time with Daddy



Really Mom another picture??


Fell asleep watching dad on the computer

Monkey Blanket!!


Playing with cousin Ryker

His shirt says it all :)



So happy to be 3 months old :)


Big Boy!!


Worn out after a long day...fell asleep playing on his mat



No comments:

Post a Comment