Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hunter - 8 months old

I can hardly believe it has been 8 months (well by the time I am writing this post he is actually almost 9, but I am a little behind). He is growing so fast and doing so many new things. He is a lot more verbal and interactive. He can say mama, dada, and nana (That always makes my mom happy). He is constantly jibbering and I have noticed he is going to be loud, just like his mama. All of sudden he will start talking (almost screaming), like he wants all the attention on him. Its quite funny. He is also becoming a little more defiant (Lucky Us). I think he is just testing us to see just how much he can get away with. I didn't even think 8 month olds thought like that. He now eats breakfast (usually cereal and fruit), lunch (veggie and fruit) and dinner (dinner meal and some fruit) as well as his occasional bottle during the day as well. We definitely have a growing boy on our hands. I think he is definitely 18 pounds by now but we will have to wait until February 11th to see for sure. That is when we go in for his 9 month checkup. I am anxiously awaiting to see how big our little boy has gotten.

Other Milestones he has reached:

  • Crawling (sort of) - He can definitely crawl backwards but is still struggling with the coordination to go forwards. We have tried everything to try and make him move forward but he just is content gong backwards. Believe me it doesn't stop him from getting around at all. He gets into everything :)
  • Sitting Up By Himself - He is able to get himself up on his butt no matter what position now. Its so nice not to have to keep putting him upright all the time now.
  • Eating all by himself - now this does not include meals - mama still does that, but he is able to pick up snacks and stuff and put them in his mouth all by himself. We just have to do quantity control or before you know it he has 5 rice puffs in his mouth...at once!! This is also really nice because then Scott and I are able to enjoy our meal with him eating along with us. Makes it feel like a real family dinner :)
  • Keeping himself entertained - He can now be put on the floor with his toys and will keep himself entertained for awhile, which is really nice when I need to get stuff done. Now don't get me wrong, he still prefers to be playing with someone or having the attention on him after awhile but at least you have a little time to get stuff done.
I am just in amazement how fast he is growing and I just want him to slow down, but I know that is not going to happen. We are going to start planning Hunter's first birthday here in the next couple of months. This year has just flown by but it has been the best year of my life. He is literally the best blessing I could have ever gotten. I love him so much and my love for him just grows every day, which amazes me more.

Mama loves you Hunter!!







No comments:

Post a Comment