Sunday, September 23, 2012

Family Update

So it has been a little over a week since my last post and so much has happened. We survived our first cold outbreak in the Hosmer household. Like I said previously Hunter was beginning to get his first cold. Well last Friday when he woke up he was much worse. He was not running a fever but he was very congested and his voice was so hoarse, he couldn't even make a sound. I felt so bad for him. So we decided to take him to the doctor to get him checked out and thankfully we did. The doctor said he had brochilitis (that is probably not spelled right) which is a very common thing in babies. The only bad thing is the mucus had drained into his lungs which is not good and can become something much worse. So to try and get some of the mucus to drain from his lungs we had to do breathing treatments every four hours. We also had to take him to urgent care on Saturday, and the doctors on the following Monday to ensure the sounds they heard in his lungs were getting better and not worse. Luckily when we went on Saturday the doctor said it was already much better and by Monday his lungs were clear. He is still battling having a little congestion in his nose but he is so much better than he was a week ago. Also, over the same weekend I ended up coming down with a very bad head cold (and could hardly breathe from the congestion) and Scott was fighting a stomach virus. It made for a very long and relaxing weekend, we literally did nothing but stay home. My mom was nice enough to come over on Saturday so Scott and I could take a nap to catch up on some of our sleep and on Sunday she brought dinner so we didn't have to worry about making anything. We hadn't been getting much sleep since we have to do breathing treatments every 4 hours and feeding every 3. Lets just say it made for some long nights, haha. Thanks MOM!! Both of us are feeling much better. We got so lucky with Hunter. He was such a good, sick baby. Although you could tell he didn't feel well, he was in constant smiles and it didn't stop him from playing any less. He is just the best little blessing our family could have gotten. We just all love him soooo much. 

Also, yesterday Daddy got to spend almost all day with baby while Mama went wedding dress shopping with Auntie Kelly. It was such a great girls day with my mom, Aunt Jan, Aunt Lisa and Kelly's friend Alex. Although I am not going to post a picture of her dress (I don't want James trying to get a sneak peek, haha), I can tell you it is gorgeous and she is going to be a beautiful bride. Although she would have been a beautiful bride in a trash bag, lol. We also picked out our bridesmaids dresses which was fun. They are really cute and I am super excited. So it was a very productive day, and I just can't wait for April 13th!! Let the bridal shower planning begin!!

We go to the doctor's on Tuesday (I feel like I live there recently) for a weight check and his vaccinations. Not sure what I am more nervous about :) I just hope the doctor is pleased with the weight he is gaining and maybe take him off the late night feeding. He feels heavier to me so we will just have to wait and see. Keep your fingers crossed he gained!!

Hunter likes:
  • When Scott plays with him with his little dog toy and does the Mr. Poochie voice
  • The new monkey toy Grandma Terry gave him
  • To pull at Mama's earrings (I am learning I won't be wearing big earrings much anymore)
  • Spending time in Great Grandpa's room with him watching TV and him playing on the computer
Hunter doesn't like:
  • When mama and daddy try to play the ipad with him (he feels he can do it all by himself)
  • When he is in his car seat for a longer period of time, unless he is asleep (I guess we are not ready for a road trip yet, haha)
  • Taking Naps (He is much more of a cat napper now) 

Being sick is no fun

Breathing Treatment

So tired we fell asleep playing on the floor


Watching Daddy

He will literally put anything in his mouth

Baby's Big Belly

What you looking at Mama?? haha




CUTE BABY
Hunter with his new Mickey toy he got for being a good boy at the doctor's (He was so excited when he saw him)

This is our bridesmaid dress (it will be in a lighter green though) So Excited!!


No comments:

Post a Comment