Monday, September 3, 2012

Hunter Update - Almost 4 months (17 weeks)

So much happens in a week. Hunter is just growing and learning to do new things like crazy...haha. I am trying to take advantage of every moment I have with him but I still feel as if this time is just passing us by. He is just one of the happiest babies I have ever known (I know you might think I am biased but it is true). He has his moments of fussiness and he does cry, but for the most part he has a smile on his face and just wants to be doing something. We got stopped 3 times at Target the other day by random people telling us how cute he was and how happy he was. I hope that it is a reflection on how we feel about him and that he is just so happy with the family he was put with. He is just such a blessing in our life and we cannot wait for all the new adventures to come.

He is still rolling onto his belly with much ease. He still doesn't go from belly to back as easy, but I think he knows that if he whines a bit we go over and flip him over, and that is much easier, haha. He is also starting to giggle a lot more. He busted out in laughter over a toy we were playing with at Target the other night, so of course  we had to buy it, haha :) He already has us wrapped around his fingers. His newest thing he does, is gets up onto his knees and pulls himself forward, while on his belly. I think he will be crawling before we know it, which makes me so nervous, because once he is on the move, I don't think we will ever be able to stop him.

Scott and I are doing great, just enjoying our family time together. We thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life now...a good nap, family dinners, bath time, and playtime with the baby. How life has changed. It was almost exactly a year ago tomorrow that we found out we were pregnant. I will never forget that day and the unexpected surprise we got. I had taken a pregnancy test just days before that doctors appointment and it said Negative. When the doctor said "you are pregnant" I didn't believe him. That day changed our lives, but Scott and I have both said that beginning to expand our family was the best decision we ever made. Can't wait until we decide to expand the brood a little more :)

Hunter Likes:
  • Tummy Time - He is actually beginning to like being on his tummy.
  • Play time on his play mat. He just loves his toys and grabbing for them (another new thing he can do)
  • Napping with Mommy
Hunter Does Not Like:
  • Having a gas bubble in his belly (this happened the other day and it broke my heart to see him cry like that :( )
  • Waiting to eat when he is hungry (The little man knows what he wants and when he wants it)


Happy Hunter :)

Grabbing for his toy

"Focused" Face

Been on his tummy too long :)


Distracted by Mickey Mouse Clubhouse



Here's a cute video of him laughing at Scott during Bath Time, he loves his Daddy:

No comments:

Post a Comment